As you know a school uniform is an important part of belonging to a school. It helps pupils present themselves positively, gives them confidence to represent the school and promotes a strong sense of identity.
School jumpers, sweat shirts, cardigans, ties and book bags are for sale from our school office.
Our School Uniform consists of:
- White polo shirts
- School navy sweat shirts and cardigans (with logo)
- Dark grey or black formal trousers (no fashion trousers)
- Dark grey or black formal skirts
- Blue, checked gingham dresses are optional and can be worn in the warmer weather
- Flat black sturdy school shoes
- Year 6 have a special uniform. They are given a maroon jumper and an Atkinson Road tie school tie free at the start of the year. They wear this with a white shirt.
- Reception children are given a free sweat shirt on entry.
- Nursery children have different coloured sweatshirts( with school logo) to show which class they belong to.
PE kits are provided by the school free of charge and are regularly washed for all children.
Boys are given polo tops, shorts, tracksuits and P.E. bags. Girls are also given polo tops, tracksuits and P.E. bags but get skorts instead.
As part of our school uniform pupils are expected to bring their reading bag to carry their reading book and reading record.
Hair should be tidy – extreme styles or patterns, or large bows are not acceptable.
Valuable items should not be brought into school. We do not allow jewelry to be worn in school. The children are able to wear a watch.